DVD’s are very common these days and everyone knows about them and uses them for storing, retrieving, accessing, copying data. DVD’s bought a revolution in the entertainment industry, video dvd’s are so popular now a days that almost everyone now have one or used once. But, as time passed and technology evolved a need raised in users of being synchronised (means availability of data on each and every device which supports it). Unfortunately this is only possible with dvd’s if user make copies of data on several dvd’s which is not productive nor a good thought because most devices available now are portable and use digital technology which didn’t needs any physical copy of data for functioning. So a better solution for this problem is ripping the data from dvd and converting it into a format the device is compatible with. This process is not that easy but, today I want to talk about a software which makes this process as simple as 123 for users. I am talking about Clone2Go’s DVD Ripper.
This is one of the good dvd ripper available in the market, I personally used it and found that its good enough for most of the users (here I am talking about its V2.7). It comes with a trial, which means everyone can evaluate its trial and decide if it is worth buying. User can download a executable file for trial from Clone2go’s website. The file is 17.7 MB in size. Installation process is quite easy and needs no special input from user. Installation takes less than 30 seconds (10 in my case).
Now let’s talk about its GUI(graphical user interface) : GUI of dvdripper is easy to use and user friendly. On the top of the GUI there is toolbar with four dropdown menus (File, edit, encoding and help). I’ll try to cover all of the options available in those dropdown menus below, mean while if you want to know how you can use this program there is a good collection of tutorials on vendors website that covers all the main features of this program, click here for accessing those tutorial.
- File: This drop down menu has eight options, let’s take a look at them.
- Open DVD: By selecting this option user can open dvd folder.
- Add Media Files: By selecting this option user can select media files.
- Batch Add Video Files: User can use this option for selecting video files in batch.
- Capture video from DV camcorder: User can Capture video from DV camcorder if one is attached by selecting this option.
- Import from internet: User can import video from internet by selecting this option.
- Set output folder: User can select output folder by selecting this option.
- Open Output folder: By selecting this option user can open output folder directly.
- Exit: User can close this program by selecting this option.
- Edit: This is the second dropdown menu on the toolbar and it has fifteen options which I’ll try to cover below.
- Remove: By using this option user can remove any media file selection.
- Remove all: By using this option user can clear all the selections at once.
- Select all: On using this option user can select every media file. There is a shortcut key combination for performing this action Ctrl+A.
- Check: User can check any media selected by using this option.
- Uncheck: User can uncheck any media selected by using this option.
- Merge: User can merge output by selecting this option.
- Unmerge: User can unmerge output by selecting this option.
- Paste Video Url: User can paste url of any online video by selecting this option. There is a shortcut key combination for performing this action Ctrl+V.
- Download all online FLV files: User can download all flv files from a specific url by selecting this option.
- Download Specific FLV: User can download any specific flv file from a url by selecting this option.
- Stop Downloading: User can stop downloading of any flv file by selecting this option.
- Open source file location: User can open location of source file by selecting this option.
- Open source file destination: User can open destination of source file by selecting this option.
- Language: Here user can select the preferred language for program.
- Options: Here user can customise settings for General, Audio, Video, Online Video and DVD.
- Encoding: This is the third dropdown menu in the toolbar and it has two important options.
- Start Encoding: User can start encoding (process of making digital form of media) by selecting this option.
- Stop Encoding: User can stop encoding by selecting this option.
- Help: This is the fourth dropdown menu in the toolbar and it has six options.
- Help Content (F1): By selecting this option user can access help tutorials (needs active internet connection).
- Software Website: This acts like a direct link to the softwares webpage (needs active internet connection).
- Order: User can access order page directly by selecting this option (needs active internet connection).
- Enter Licence Code: User can enter license code and register product by selecting this option.
- Check for Updates: By selecting this option user can check for program updates (needs active internet connection).
- About: User can check program version and other details by selecting this option.
Now let’s take a look at other parts of this program,
Below the toolbar it has another bar which contains shortcut links of Open DVD, Add Video, Encode, Stop, Folder, Option and youtube in the form of buttons for ease of access.
After that toolbars, it’s time to talk about other parts of its interface.
Media Manager: It has a media manager for managing all the source files, conversion formats and video downloads.
Media listing area: Here user can see all the media in the list and can customise content as per their needs.
Mini Player: Here user can view all media as a video and can strip-off any part directly. User can also double click the screen area of mini player for maximising it.
Profile: Here user can customise settings of video file, it has options for name, duration, video and audio options and formats. This makes output highly customisable.
Conclusion: It has some advance features like profile customisation of output but still it is so simple and easy to use, its GUI is user friendly and fully planned. It has options for downloading video from internet which is a rare option and which make it somewhat unique. It don’t have any offline help file which is a drawback and I personally didn’t like that. Overall its good enough and I liked its overall features and functionality, I don’t want to go to the technical part as most users don’t understand it but for all tech savvies I can only say give it a shot . I personally feel’s that firsthand experience is always better than any recommendation or review, and for a software which comes with evaluation feature it is even easier to take it on a test drive, so why not give it a shot and personally experience all the features. I am sure those who are serious about there media collection surely like it and maybe even love it. Thanks for reading my review I wrote it and tipradar.com published it now it’s your turn.
Reviewed by Sahil