With the many options out there for system security and protection it can be difficult to choose one that is right for you. SUPERAntiSpyware may be one such program. With it’s easy to use interface and powerful detection engine it has become one of my go-to programs to scan my system for infections.
- Quick, Complete and Custom Scanning of Hard Drives, Removable Drives, Memory, Registry, Individual Folders and More! Includes Trusting Items and Excluding Folders for complete customization of scanning
- Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers and many other types of threats
- Repair broken Internet Connections, Desktops, Registry Editing, Task Manager and more with our unique Repair System! Spyware application often disable system components to prevent removal – SUPERAntiSpyware resets and restores these items in seconds!
- Real-Time Blocking of threats! Prevent potentially harmful software from installing or re-installing (Professional Edition)
- Schedule either Quick, Complete or Custom Scans Daily or Weekly to ensure your computer is free from harmful software (Professional Edition)
- Quarantine items detected and removed for complete protection. Items in the quarantine may be restored to your computer if desired.
- Detailed scan logs with complete information about detected and removed threats and their locations within your computer. Scan logs allow you to review scheduled scan results at any time.
- Multi-Dimensional Scanning
SUPERAntiSpyware is a next generation scanning system that goes beyond the typical rules based scanning methods. Our Multi-Dimensional Scanning system detects existing threats as well as threats of the future by analyzing threat characteristics in addition to code patterns.
- First Chance Prevention
SUPERAntiSpyware examines over 50 critical points of your system each time your system starts up and shuts down to eliminate threats before they have a chance to infect and infiltrate your system.
- Process Interrogation Technology
SUPERAntiSpyware features our unique Process Interrogation Technology (PIT) that allows threats to be detected no matter where they are hiding on your system. Many new types of threats utilize “Rootkits” or “Kernel Drivers” to hide themselves to avoid detection by standard anti-spyware applications. SUPERAntiSpyware’s Process Interrogation Technology locates even the toughest of threats.
- Dedicated Threat Research Team / Daily Updates (Professional Edition)
SUPERAntiSpyware features a dedicated threat research team that scours the web daily and analyzes thousands of possible threats to provide the most up to date protection available by providing daily definition updates.
Let’s take a closer look at the program and how it works:
The program’s main interface is clean and easy to understand. At the top of the main interface you can scan your computer and select which type of scan you would like to perform (Quick Scan, Complete Scan, Critical Point Scan, or Custom Scan).
On the lower left of the main interface, you can Activate Real-Time Protection (Professional Edition), Schedule Scanning (Professional Edition), select Automatic Updating (Professional Edition), Set your Program Preferences, and find out what is running on your computer.
On the lower right of the main interface, you can view the program’s version and Definition Database Version, as well as Check for Updates.
At the bottom of the main interface you can Manage Quarantine, View Scan Logs, perform Repairs, and a Help button.
Scanning your system for infections
To perform a scan, simply choose which type of scan you’d like to perform and click the “Scan your Computer” button located in the top-left of the program’s main interface. During the scan, you can view the details of the scan, as well as what infections (if any) the program has found during the particular scan selected.
Once the scan is finished, you’ll have options on how you would like to handle any infections that are found. You can choose to restore or delete the items in Quarantine.
If you have Real-Time Protection Enabled (Professional Edition), and an infection is detected, you’ll see a Real-Time Protection Blocked Item Alert detailing the type of infection detected and prompting you to Scan your system.
I really like this feature of SUPERAntiSpyware. It can really be helpful in fixing some common problems with your computer. With the Repairs feature you can:
- Enable Smart Menu Run
- Enable System Tray
- Enable Task Manager
- Enable Windows Control Panel
- Enable Windows Explorer Folder
- Home Page Reset
- Internet Zone Security Reset
- Repair broken Network Connection (WinSock LSP Chain
- And much more
Now we’ll take a closer look at configuring SUPERAntiSpyware and setting Preferences
On the lower left of the Main Interface you’ll see a section for selecting your preferences. From here, you can enable Real-Time Protection (Professional Edition), Schedule Scanning (Professional Edition) [you can configure the Schedule Scanning by clicking the blue link next to it], enable Automatic Updating, and select your preferences.
When you click on the Preferences button, it will open up the SUPERAntiSpyware Control Center window. From here you can select your preferences by navigating through the tabs located towards the top of the window. You can select and set General and Startup options, Scanning Control, Real-Time Protection (Professional Edition), Hi-Jack Protection, view Statistics/Logs, Repairs, and Help.
SUPERAntiSpyware is an excellent choice for finding and removing infections from your computer. With it’s easy to use interface, loads of options, and powerful scanning engine, SUPERAntiSpyware is a top contender in my book. I’ve been using the program for a couple of years now and continue to enjoy and trust it today.
For more information and to download SUPERAntiSpyware, you can visit www.superantispyware.com
Version Reviewed – SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 5.0.1146
System Requirements – Windows 2000, XP, Media Center, Vista, Windows 2003 and Windows 7, 00Mhz or Faster Processor with at least 256MB RAM
Some screenshots provided by www.superantispyware.com
Reviewed by Jeremy