Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avast Premium order confirmation when I DIDN'T order
11-04-2015, 01:31 AM,
Avast Premium order confirmation when I DIDN'T order
Hi Tipsters,

This is a strange one: I got this order confirmation today and went to submit a ticket through the web since I definitely didn't, and the order ID given in the email wouldn't work with the form. Even though I clearly have info in the field it would highlight it in red and says "Field required" as if I didn't put anything in.

I haven't found any charges on my Paypal or bank account so it is really strange. Did they just decide to give me a freebie but didn't say so?? I don't know what to make of the situation but I don't like the fact that a change was made to my phone without my permission.

What do you think is going on?
Add Thank You Reply
11-04-2015, 02:01 AM,
RE: Avast Premium order confirmation when I DIDN'T order
(11-04-2015, 01:31 AM)kramyugtaht Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Hi Tipsters,

This is a strange one: I got this order confirmation today and went to submit a ticket through the web since I definitely didn't, and the order ID given in the email wouldn't work with the form. Even though I clearly have info in the field it would highlight it in red and says "Field required" as if I didn't put anything in.

I haven't found any charges on my Paypal or bank account so it is really strange. Did they just decide to give me a freebie but didn't say so?? I don't know what to make of the situation but I don't like the fact that a change was made to my phone without my permission.

What do you think is going on?

Sounds like a phishing scam - were there any url links contained in the email? They are likely trying to redirect you to a site they have imitated Avast's site on to steal details.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jardinuk for this post:
kramyugtaht (11-04-2015)
11-04-2015, 02:12 AM,
Yeah there were links but they were the real ones! And the app did reflect the premium version so it wasn't just the email.

I went ahead and uninstalled, reinstalled the free one and am running a scan with Malwarebytes mobile. Is this in order to have people question the confidence in Avast??
Add Thank You Reply
11-04-2015, 03:20 AM,
you should post this on Avast forum
[Image: att.gif]
Add Thank You Reply
11-04-2015, 01:45 PM,
Yeah I did and the problem is solved: Turns out they are making the premium one free and automatically upgraded a bunch of people to the Beta, but the email was in the form of "purchase confirmation" even when no actual purchase was involved.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to kramyugtaht for this post:
grr (11-05-2015), jardinuk (11-06-2015)