Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bitdefender Internet / Total security slow internet connection
07-15-2013, 03:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013, 03:28 PM by Unknown_user.)
Bitdefender Internet / Total security slow internet connection
I was facing the problem in previous year with BIS, BTS 2012,2013
slowdown internet connection problem when till it's installed in my PC after uninstall my internet working fine with full speed i contacted bitdefender support and she told me the reason of slow internet connection Bitdefender scan each link before download, while chatting she also tried to fix problem she told me try to off firewall and try make changes some core security setting i did that but problem did not fixed.
After that she sent me a small application which scan my whole PC and after full scan i got a log bundle in a folder while chat and i sent that log bundle to the support team and i get some replies from head of the support team with some suggestion or questions did try this or that and i replied them the problem is still not fixed.

I would like to ask to all members of Tipradar who are using BIS,BTS latest version in their PC/Laptop have they ever feel my internet connection was not slow before installing bitdefender ?
Add Thank You Reply
07-15-2013, 07:14 PM,
RE: Bitdefender Internet / Total security slow internet connection
Thanks for the share Thumb
Add Thank You Reply
07-15-2013, 07:34 PM,
Thanks for the share
Add Thank You Reply
07-15-2013, 07:56 PM,
bitdefender is resource intensive. and its useing cloud technology.. it opens and utilizes several different services and processes all at once. i wouldnt recommend this application to someone with a weak processor and a low amount of ram. however there are several things you can do to squeeze more speed from your connection. a very big one is getting rid of all protocols except ipv4... the second is shutting down all services you dont need.. and the third is tweaking your max connections and values in your tcp/ip layers. bitdefender must also be tamed to make it a servent, not the master. the a.v engine will try to connect, the firewall will try to phone home, and the application itself will try the same.. all three aspects will constantly use your bandwith unless you put your foot down and tweak it to deny this. another example of this is comodo, it only lists a few ways to the average user to stop it from phoneing home to comodo home base.. but actually it does this also in a sneaky background way usually never detected by the regular trusting user.. im afraid the customer support teams on these places are usually just reading from a book in pdf format.. there robotic responses are utterly useless and never get nothing done. they cause more harm then good.. please try visiting blackviper.com for help in understanding your services..and use the other firewalls section at wilders security.com for dealing with bitdefender and general info on tcp/ip.. or you can directly contact me on private message and i can help you as much as possible... wish you luck friend.
Add Thank You Reply
07-15-2013, 11:54 PM,
I have problem with IDM when I use BIT 2014
Add Thank You Reply
07-16-2013, 02:58 AM,
(07-15-2013, 07:14 PM)johncena Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Thanks for the share Thumb

Spam
Add Thank You Reply
07-16-2013, 02:59 AM,
(07-15-2013, 07:34 PM)Spy Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Thanks for the share

Spam
Add Thank You Reply
07-16-2013, 05:59 AM,
Information  RE: Bitdefender Internet / Total security slow internet connection
I found Bitdefender latest version with Photon technology worse than 2013 version. My PC was much more slower at pretty much everything. So at this point before they improve their latest version i would go more 2013 version Ranger
Add Thank You Reply
07-16-2013, 06:49 AM,
I too agree that kills a lot of system resources the firewall, you need to do something about this issue the Bitdefender.
Add Thank You Reply