Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Us Laugh Photo Caption Contests - Question
09-30-2013, 10:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 10:49 AM by idlucky.)
Make Us Laugh Photo Caption Contests - Question
Hi. I think you done a great thing to start this kind of contest.best
But, me as few other users, have seen that the winners very very very rarely had made a funny/ironic/good for laughing comment and still get to be winners...

I am always happy to read a winner's funny comment, because he/she really deserved to win the contest!

So how come, other comments seemed more funny than actually the winners' comments?!?! If you want to give the licenses only to "specific" users, at least they could search on Google for some real funny inspiration for their comments and get their licenses for a really funny comment; is not that hard, you know...

If the judge says something is funny, does not change the definition in the dictionary of what is/might be funny nor the general/common/"commercial" perception of what is funny.

So, like some other user has asked:

"Where have all the funny comments gone?"

PS: Please continue as ...forever... with this contest, because funny never gets old and is good like ...forever... but, let it be funny.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to idlucky for this post:
grr (09-30-2013), GuardianX (09-30-2013)
09-30-2013, 08:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM by Mike.)
RE: Make Us Laugh Photo Caption Contests - Question
(09-30-2013, 10:47 AM)idlucky Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Hi. I think you done a great thing to start this kind of contest.best
But, me as few other users, have seen that the winners very very very rarely had made a funny/ironic/good for laughing comment and still get to be winners...

I am always happy to read a winner's funny comment, because he/she really deserved to win the contest!

So how come, other comments seemed more funny than actually the winners' comments?!?! If you want to give the licenses only to "specific" users, at least they could search on Google for some real funny inspiration for their comments and get their licenses for a really funny comment; is not that hard, you know...

If the judge says something is funny, does not change the definition in the dictionary of what is/might be funny nor the general/common/"commercial" perception of what is funny.

So, like some other user has asked:

"Where have all the funny comments gone?"

PS: Please continue as ...forever... with this contest, because funny never gets old and is good like ...forever... but, let it be funny.

Whats funny to you may not be funny to others. Everyone has a chance on winning the weekly prize and I usually ask in the chatbox other forum members which comments they like best before choosing the winner. Why don't I let you choose the winner of this contest Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

Thanks,
Mike

Once idlucky chooses a winner for the above giveaway I will change the way we choose the winner if everyone wants. What if we all decide on new winners by the most likes of each posting. The posting with the most likes by weeks end will win the weekly prize. Opinions welcomed below.

Mike
[Image: gn.gif]
I'm glad you have a life, just glad it's not mine!

[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Mike for this post:
grr (09-30-2013), GuardianX (09-30-2013), idlucky (10-01-2013), LMANLO (09-30-2013), RDC (09-30-2013), S-M (09-30-2013)
10-01-2013, 05:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 05:13 PM by idlucky.)
@Mike: Well, at least you are funny! cheers

Asking other forum members for opinions in the chatbox it is a good decision, from my judgement too. I know you do not have an easy decision to take, because I red many of the "funny" comments to take advantage of other people's humor an have a laugh from an "inspiration of the moment" funny-comment/joke and not a "100" years old joke found with Google dino

And I am sure I am not the only one doing this, and most of the times I found at least one joke that is OK for me, but I agree that others might have other tastes in matter of humor, but this has not been proven, yet; and probably it wont be proven for the next eternity, but that's life, ...what can you do? Wink

I red funnier comments than mine, made by users I did not mind, and I still don't, seeing them win bravo

I have to pass the offer to judge the contest, since I agree the winner should be, what more people find to be mostly funny in his/her comment.

From me to Mike for his work and effort, a sincerely thanks

PS: A poll or a complicated/a time consuming system to choose the winner could diminish the dynamics/interest of/in the game/contest and it will ruin it. Asking for opinions on chatbox, even if you get only 3-4 opinions, it is OK by me. If users like voting for funny comments, I will not oppose their wish.
PPS: I remember some user won by implying a woman having intercourse with two men, and I failed to see the funny in that (could be pleasurable but I can not confirm it Abuse) and winning at least (I know only about the contests I participated) two contest for the same type of comment and "humor" is at least strange, but if it was chosen as funny by more people, I think it deserved to be chosen as the winner comment.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to idlucky for this post:
Mike (10-03-2013), S-M (10-01-2013)
10-02-2013, 02:54 AM,
(09-30-2013, 08:28 PM)Mike Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
What if we all decide on new winners by the most likes of each posting. The posting with the most likes by weeks end will win the weekly prize. Opinions welcomed below.

Mike

I think the issue with this approach is that a person could abuse the system by creating multiple accounts and voting through each for their own joke by a proxy or vpn etc and end up as work rather than fun for the mods/admins trying to weed out an unscrupulous person. Might not be bad to take the 'thank yous' into consideration but I don't think it would workout as a method of choosing the winners. I usually thank someone when I find a joke that amuses me even if it isn't lol funny.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to byte for this post:
idlucky (10-02-2013), Mike (10-03-2013)
10-02-2013, 05:58 AM,
likes, votes, etc... can be altered easily. I think Mike should choose the winner. He is the giveaway owner, he decides the rules, he might declare the winner. This is different from usual giveaways or personal giveaways. It's a "custom" giveaway with "custom" rules.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to S-M for this post:
idlucky (10-02-2013), Mike (10-03-2013)
10-02-2013, 11:21 AM,
Thank you all - Mike, S-M, byte - for the comments. I agree with all your opinions and also with my opinion ...of course.

I think Mike is a great person for sharing with us, the members of this great forum, such funny contests and such useful rewards. I also think he has sometimes a not so easy job in deciding a winner - I know, I have red many of the comments my self -, and he is asking publicly and transparently opinions on the chatbox; even if I personally did not see it with my own eyes, because the chatbox is sometimes so active that the lines of the comments move too fast up, I am personally sure that Mike is an honest person when he is saying it.

Since I can not choose what funny really is, for now, and probably for ever and ever and ever and so on, I do not know if it is something more to be said, since this thread is almost 3 days old.

So, I hope the existence of this thread, shall put some light in the eyes of all the people with all kinds of tastes in matters of humor, and if nobody has anything more to share with us, this thread should be closed at any convenience time.

thanks
10-03-2013, 12:00 PM,
Thanks for all the opinions. I will keep the giveaway going on the way it has been. I always try to be fair with everyone and never play favorites.
[Image: gn.gif]
I'm glad you have a life, just glad it's not mine!

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mike for this post:
S-M (10-04-2013)