Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCKeeper 2012 Opinions & Feedback
01-09-2013, 02:42 AM,
PCKeeper 2012 Opinions & Feedback
I am opening this thread for forum members opinions and feedback on PCKeeper 2012.

Mike
[Image: gn.gif]
I'm glad you have a life, just glad it's not mine!

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 10 users say Thank You to Mike for this post:
Alien (01-09-2013), Askanag (01-09-2013), drWoo (01-09-2013), grr (01-09-2013), GuardianX (01-09-2013), Jeanjean (01-09-2013), LMANLO (01-09-2013), S-M (01-09-2013), saratoga23 (01-09-2013), vitorsequeira (01-09-2013)
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM,
RE: PCKeeper 2012 Opinions & Feedback
The download and installation on my home system ran smoothly.

When it comes to a program like PCKeeper 2012, I tend to steer into more of an integrative approach.

I have to say that the interface is appealing and well designed. It definitely lives up to it's name as a fully-functional program. It really is what I would call "ultra-comprehensive" in terms of it's diverse operational capabilities. It is well packaged with practically every tool possible to assist you in maintaining system security, maintenance and optimization and more.

Some people have advertised it as an all-purpose and an all-in-one program that can do everything and anything for your system; well; I tend to question the integrity and validity of that assumption.

It definitely has a vast array of tools and the capability to assist in helping to provide resolution to system issues.

To be honest; it has way more available than what I need or want.

Actually; I feel that they have really put the old adage to the test: "attempting to put a size 10 foot in a size 7 shoe"; kind of a tight squeeze don't you think?

There are way to many modular definitions within this configuration for me to feel comfortable.

There is simply to much "STUFF" to really enjoy the product.

I do not need a program that is designed to be a "jack-of-all-trades; but master-of-none.

When it comes to security, maintenance and optimization I like to be integrative. That is my preference.

I do not necessarily like nor do I endorse what many call "ALL-PURPOSE, ALL-IN-ONE packages like this.

There are many types of software packages out there that are specialized in their respective domains of security, maintenance and optimization. They are catered to serve specific needs in these areas and they are designed, developed and configured to serve that specific purpose for the public.

Many of these software packages are encapsulated as programs that are what I would call small (smaller-than-average); configured tightly and are less of a resource-hogger. I like programs that are tailored specifically to my immediate needs. I like programs that are tightly-wrapped. I like programs similar to this that are dense in design and configuration.

You know; something like the design, development and configuration of a high-performance car engine under the hood. When you look at that engine what do you see; a tightly fitted and tightly framed engine.

That is the way I like my software programs.

Unfortunately for me; PCKeeper 2012 does not fit the bill for my immediate needs. It really offers me way to much of what I do not want or need.

These are just my thoughts........... thanks tc
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to GuardianX for this post:
Alien (01-09-2013), grr (01-09-2013), Mike (01-10-2013), S-M (01-10-2013)
01-09-2013, 02:37 PM,
^^
Nice take on PCKeeper there GuardianX. Too bad i couldn't win one license even with 60 on offer. Would have loved to try it. BTW how good is the antivirus protection. Considering it has Avira engine it wouldn't be bad i guess. Can we use this with other security programs installed on the computer. Using Webroot (which i won here) with Trend Micro AV now. Finding Trend to be a little over enthusiastic. Might want to replace it.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Alien for this post:
GuardianX (01-09-2013), Mike (01-10-2013), S-M (01-10-2013)
01-10-2013, 01:51 AM,
bounce
(01-09-2013, 02:37 PM)Alien Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
^^
Nice take on PCKeeper there GuardianX. Too bad i couldn't win one license even with 60 on offer. Would have loved to try it. BTW how good is the antivirus protection. Considering it has Avira engine it wouldn't be bad i guess. Can we use this with other security programs installed on the computer. Using Webroot (which i won here) with Trend Micro AV now. Finding Trend to be a little over enthusiastic. Might want to replace it.

Hi; the antivirus engine is not Avira. Would you guess though; it comes preconfigured with (MSE)= Microsoft Security Essentials. I have used MSE in the past and one thing I do know from experience; it definitely consumes system resources. The only thing though, is that the antivirus program comes a part of the overall package but it is not automatically enabled. You have got to personally elect to enable the program. If I was you I would steer clear from MSE. Unless of course you have a system that is well equipped to handle the consumption. If you choose to ever use MSE, just to prove my point open up the windows task manager and check out the CPU usage Smile
Add Thank You Reply
01-10-2013, 05:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM by Alien.)
(01-10-2013, 01:51 AM)GuardianX Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Hi; the antivirus engine is not Avira. Would you guess though; it comes preconfigured with (MSE)= Microsoft Security Essentials.

Really?? But VB100 report says it uses Avira.

Quote:Detection rates were superb, with some of the highest scores seen this month – in the RAP test they were somehow even higher than those scored by Avira, which provided the engine underlying the ZeoBIT product.

Go to awards tab in product page and download the VB100 full report. Or here is the Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Alien for this post:
clyde (03-24-2013), grr (01-10-2013), Mike (01-10-2013)
01-10-2013, 08:49 AM,
I have talk PCKeeper support earlier and i get answer that PCKeeper uses Avira engine. Also when i ask does PCKeeper use any other engine than Avira, answer was no Cool
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to G-Funk for this post:
Alien (01-10-2013), grr (01-11-2013), LMANLO (01-10-2013), Mike (01-10-2013)
01-11-2013, 12:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013, 12:51 AM by GuardianX.)
(01-10-2013, 08:49 AM)G-Funk Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
I have talk PCKeeper support earlier and i get answer that PCKeeper uses Avira engine. Also when i ask does PCKeeper use any other engine than Avira, answer was no Cool

Hi;

I will not attempt to defend nor substantiate what I am about to convey to you. This will be primarily for your FYI. Please go to the following:

Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

Maybe I am missing something here but there are two points I want to bring to mind. One; is that I downloaded and installed the program and had it running for a period of time. I saw for myself that the antivirus engine preconfigured in PCKeeper 2012 was MSE. To give confirmation to this assumption; please go to the address notated above. If I am not mistaken, take a close look at the "Antivirus Security" features. Pretty self-explanatory don't you think. If you have any further questions; test it for yourself by taking it on a trial run.

Have a nice one! niceday

Please be advised; in addition to what I initially stated at the get-go of my feedback on this product, I never raised any question or had any contention with the product myself as far as detection ratings were concerned. To be honest; I never really had a chance to make any determination on MSE as far as detection was concerned due to the fact that MSE never seemed to detect anything; ever on my system. Not even a false-positive. But again; when MSE was installed I do not ever remember having any threats of any kind either. My main point of interest with MSE was the consumption percentage of system resources. MSE appeared to be somewhat of a resourcr-hogger. And if you read up on this program, it seems to be somewhat of a mutual consensus among many people that have installed it; that it does just that. It consumes a vast amount of your system resources. I could not afford that on my older system, and not have all sorts of glitches and my system freezing-up and/or running slow or lagging.

It was never about detection; all about consumption! niceday
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GuardianX for this post:
grr (01-11-2013)
01-11-2013, 02:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 08:04 AM by G-Funk.)
Quote:Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

Their Microsoft Security Center = Windows Security Center.

So they have spelling mistake at their homepage and tip about that given to developers. At Microsoft Security Center they mean Windows Security Center which is included Windows part which u find under Control Panel/Security Center. You know the part where u find details what Antivirus, Firewall program u use, Windows Update settings and other defense settings like UAC (User Account Control) etc...

Cool
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to G-Funk for this post:
clyde (03-23-2013), LMANLO (01-11-2013)
03-23-2013, 06:51 AM,
It seems to be running fine here @ the moment.It tells me I got 500 mb of duplicate files on my test machine.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to clyde for this post:
S-M (03-23-2013)
03-23-2013, 08:15 AM,
Quote:RE: PCKeeper 2012 Opinions & Feedback
It seems to be running fine here @ the moment.It tells me I got 500 mb of duplicate files on my test machine.

My recommendation is that check first extra carefully what those files are before deleting... Ranger
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to G-Funk for this post:
clyde (03-24-2013)