Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Tipradar is sending links to adware/bloatware websites recently
03-04-2015, 04:18 AM,
Tipradar is sending links to adware/bloatware websites recently
hi guys, in the past few days i see links to bogus websites in tipradar's rss feed.
some examples:
Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

which leads to:

or

and it leads to:

none of those are actual giveawys and it only has reviews of the program and then the download button redirects the user to the original website to buy the product.

is this legitimately sent from Tipradar and is the answer is yes the why? or they are spams sent by malicious bot/mod?

thanks
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to woomera for this post:
actionjackson (03-04-2015), grr (03-04-2015)
03-04-2015, 04:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 04:46 AM by S-M.)
RE: Tipradar is sending links to adware/bloatware websites recently
it is fine, no need to worry about, no bots or something like that
Add Thank You Reply
03-04-2015, 05:36 AM,
well that's not acceptable to me personally so i deleted the tipradar's feed.
thanks for clarifying.
Add Thank You Reply
03-04-2015, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 09:05 AM by byte.)
I think what SM was trying to say is that these are legitimate posts, not bots or a hack, etc. TipRadar is about more than giveaways but if that is all your interested in I *personally* could understand not wanting to see links to reviews instead.

It's obviously your choice to remove the RSS feed due to these links but I have tested quite a few softwares listed on that site and I don't understand where you get the adware/bloatware part from.

Winzip is adware or bloatware, ~ since when?! Granted I personally prefer 7zip as it is free and has a better compression ratio but I've never seen a single security software that labeled winzip as any kind of unwanted *ware*. From what I read of the WinZip review it holds an optional installer for a different browser, Opera, but even that doesn't qualify for either of those terms IMO!

Lansweeper is not something the average user might be interested in but once again it doesn't come close to meeting the criteria for ad or bloatware... Perhaps there's a link from Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
you could share that better demonstrates these qualities so I can check it out myself? /me is confused!
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to byte for this post:
grr (03-04-2015), idlucky (03-19-2015), Unknown_user (03-04-2015)
03-04-2015, 05:40 PM,
I'm pretty sure it is a misunderstanding caused by the word "Download" in the URL. Besides, neither the URLs, or the titles or the articles themselves say "Download full version for free" or anything like that. Those articles are just what the titles claim they are, "Reviews".

FileCritic does have two buttons, one for "Download" and one for "Buy Now". Download takes you to the download page on the product's website, where you can get a trial version of the software. The Buy Now button is self explanatory.

Filecritic seems clean and does not have adware or malware.

Virus Total URL scan: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

URL Void Report: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to AshwinGeek for this post:
grr (03-05-2015), idlucky (03-19-2015)