Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Way To Close For Comfort'
09-27-2014, 04:41 AM,
'Way To Close For Comfort'
Good Day to all Administrators @ TipRadar,

I have noticed in your 'ShoutBox' some ongoing correspondence between what appears to be an active subscriber with some others who appear to be active subscribers as well.

Not a problem for me.

But what is questionable and a concern; is that this subscriber whom I will not make mention of here in this inquiry, is that this individual is utilizing call-letters that specifically belong to me.

They are specifically using 2 of my primary first and last initials of my name; excluding the middle initial. In addition to that; that are also using my call-letters of my call-name excluding the last 'CAP'.

This individual does not have the capability or know-how to come up with his or her own unique identifier?

I would appreciate it so much if someone from Administration would be kind enough to make an inquiry about this.

Ever since I came on board here at TipRadar, nothing of this sort has ever emerged. Having 2 of my 3 initials is one thing; but again; to use my call-name is something else.

Can we work on it guys'; it would be much appreciated Nono
Add Thank You Reply
09-27-2014, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014, 05:16 AM by grr.)
RE: 'Way To Close For Comfort'
Huh

I think you are referring to "guardian".

Any member can have any username, and admin/mods have absolute no control over it.
[Image: att.gif]
Add Thank You Reply
09-27-2014, 05:57 AM,
Hi GuardianX,
usernames can be similar and we usually don't ask to change them unless there is a specific need that involves a REAL concern.
GuardianX is much more better by the way Wink
Add Thank You Reply
09-27-2014, 06:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014, 06:11 AM by GuardianX.)
(09-27-2014, 05:14 AM)grr Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Huh

I think you are referring to "guardian".

Any member can have any username, and admin/mods have absolute no control over it.

Thank you for your response Smile

The inquiry by myself stems from the fact that not only is this person using the better part of my user-name; the flip-side of my concern is that this person is also using the 'First & last' letters of my full name. Coincidence; probably; but definitely to close for my comfort if you catch my drift. Pretty strange; no?

(09-27-2014, 05:57 AM)S-M Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Hi GuardianX,
usernames can be similar and we usually don't ask to change them unless there is a specific need that involves a REAL concern.
GuardianX is much more better by the way Wink

You look like a good guy.
I will take your word for it Smile

As you can see; when it comes to my name and identity I am on it like 'White-on-Rice'; as they say in New York.
Add Thank You Reply
09-27-2014, 06:21 AM,
GuardianX, the aforementioned user isn't copying your user-name, as he is registered on other forums using the same user-name that he has here.
[Image: att.gif]
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to grr for this post:
GuardianX (09-27-2014)
09-27-2014, 06:35 AM,
(09-27-2014, 06:21 AM)grr Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
GuardianX, the aforementioned user isn't copying your user-name, as he is registered on other forums using the same user-name that he has here.

I am good with it.

It is pretty much the response you would get from someone who has a keen interest in things like security and surveillance.

'You never take things for granted' Thumb
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GuardianX for this post:
grr (09-27-2014)