TipRadar.com - Forums and community

Full Version: Soft4Boost Update Checker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With many software programs on my computers, I am always on the lookout for a better software program update checker. I previously had both FileHippo and SecuniaPSI installed to check for updates on my computers. Released within the past few weeks is a program called Soft4Boost Update Checker. I compared it to my two update checkers, and found that it is much better than FileHippo in terms of discovering available updates, and about on par with SecuniaPSI. It is well worth a try. It works on Windows (only) right thru Windows8. It has secured favorable reviews from some of the widely known software review sites. You can find the download here: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Thanks had 5 updates needed I didn't know about.
Hi atunis5804,

so you like the CNET site and does not use the best Updater???

Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

I will never forgive!ban
(I'm kidding)
tc
(03-14-2013, 09:53 AM)vitorsequeira Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Hi atunis5804,

so you like the CNET site and does not use the best Updater???

I will never forgive!ban
(I'm kidding)
tc

CNET's in-house update checker is OK - FileHippo is better, SecuniaPSI and the one mentioned in my article are much better. CNET"s only seems to pick up program updates for some of the programs they follow - but not all. It is really mediocre software, in my opinion, from an organization (CNET) which should be offering a much better product than their own update checker. Compare CNET's to Soft4Boost, and I think you'll agree! Regards!
Quote:CNET's in-house update checker is OK - FileHippo is better, SecuniaPSI and the one mentioned in my article are much better. CNET"s only seems to pick up program updates for some of the programs they follow - but not all. It is really mediocre software, in my opinion, from an organization (CNET) which should be offering a much better product than their own update checker. Compare CNET's to Soft4Boost, and I think you'll agree! Regards!

Hi atunis,

now i will give you my honest opinion about this matter - i have used several programs(none at this moment) and i can assure you that the software with best perfomance was SUMo(works with W8):
Homepage: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

Secunia is also very good.
i never worked with Soft4Boost, so i can't give my opinion.
Best regards
(03-14-2013, 10:15 AM)vitorsequeira Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Quote:CNET's in-house update checker is OK - FileHippo is better, SecuniaPSI and the one mentioned in my article are much better. CNET"s only seems to pick up program updates for some of the programs they follow - but not all. It is really mediocre software, in my opinion, from an organization (CNET) which should be offering a much better product than their own update checker. Compare CNET's to Soft4Boost, and I think you'll agree! Regards!

Hi atunis,

now i will give you my honest opinion about this matter - i have used several programs(none at this moment) and i can assure you that the software with best perfomance was SUMo(works with W8):

Best regards

Sumo is also a good product. Each software updater is only as good as the software it is designed/programmed to follow, and the ease with which the software works in the hands of the user, i.e., is it intuitive and easy to administer in the hands of the user. I guess one could also say that everyone has their own preferences in terms of which software they prefer to use for this or that purpose. We could get ten people in a room, and all ten might insist that the program they use to update their software is the best - and if it works best for them, then it is the best in their hands. In fact, I am now using three software updaters - SecuniaPSI, FileHippo and Soft4Boost. Each program has its advantages and disadvantages in terms of features. I typically run all three in sequence, in order to be satisfied that each of my software programs (and I have more than 200 on each computer) are properly updated. If you prefer CNET's updater and SUMO, you should continue to use those if they seem to work best for you. I wrote my article only to avail those looking for an updater to consider Soft4Boost as an option. Have a good night (or day) depending upon where you might be living in this world. By the way, I always enjoy reading your posts! Regards, ME

(03-14-2013, 10:15 AM)vitorsequeira Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

Hi atunis,

Best regards

Sumo is also a good product. Each software updater is only as good as the software it is designed/programmed to follow, and the ease with which the software works in the hands of the user, i.e., is it intuitive and easy to administer in the hands of the user. I guess one could also say that everyone has their own preferences in terms of which software they prefer to use for this or that purpose. We could get ten people in a room, and all ten might insist that the program they use to update their software is the best - and if it works best for them, then it is the best in their hands. In fact, I am now using three software updaters - SecuniaPSI, FileHippo and Soft4Boost. Each program has its advantages and disadvantages in terms of features. I typically run all three in sequence, in order to be satisfied that each of my software programs (and I have more than 200 on each computer) are properly updated. If you prefer CNET's updater and SUMO, you should continue to use those if they seem to work best for you. I wrote my article only to avail those looking for an updater to consider Soft4Boost as an option. Have a good night (or day) depending upon where you might be living in this world. By the way, I always enjoy reading your posts! Regards, ME
Thanks !
atunis5804,
you forgot to mention that WOT rating is all red at the link you provided.