TipRadar.com - Forums and community

Full Version: Ad-blocking apps being removed from Google Play store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Google has been in the news a lot this week. On Wednesday, the company revealed that it was sunsetting a number of projects, including Google Reader, along with the announcement that long-time Android chief Andy Rubin was stepping down from that role, while still remaining at Google.
As it turned out, Google was also busy on another front that same day. It quietly removed at least two Android apps from the Google Play store that were designed to block web ads.

Quote:What does that mean for existing users?

Users who already have Adblock Plus installed will be able to continue using it. However, they will no longer get updates which means that they should install our next release from our website once it is out.

Read More Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

Is this legal?
Huh
thanks!

you will need to find another RSS reader. It's too bad they are shutting it down - I used Google Reader frequently. I replaced it with FEEDLY, which can import all of your Google Reader Feeds. There are other good RSS readers out there. I reviwed many today, and chose Feedly, but you may prefer another RSS Reader. Lifehacker's Whitson Gorden published a good article today on alternative readers - you might want to read the article...Regards!
Thanks for the news Vitor Thumb
Yes it is legal, the app violates this section 4.4:
Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
thanks vitor for the news !
(03-15-2013, 08:56 AM)atunis5804 Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
thanks!

you will need to find another RSS reader. It's too bad they are shutting it down - I used Google Reader frequently. I replaced it with FEEDLY, which can import all of your Google Reader Feeds. There are other good RSS readers out there. I reviwed many today, and chose Feedly, but you may prefer another RSS Reader. Lifehacker's Whitson Gorden published a good article today on alternative readers - you might want to read the article...Regards!

****this is another thread****
Hi,
thanks for your tip - I'll read it carefully:
Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

Best regards
good luck - let me know which one you like best...
there are lot of other good android markets to look for ad-blockers.