TipRadar.com - Forums and community

Full Version: CCleaner - now I'm a believer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hunting for some space wasters, and thinking the praise of CCleaner to be mostly from those who don't use little tips about temp directory location, I gave it a go ... it might find something I missed.
Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
- Make sure you download the FREE CCleaner, from a legitimate site.

The Analyze took ages, and supposedly found several GB of Internet temp by the time I stopped it. Now with the options set to 250MB, I reckoned it must be multiple counting.

Well, an hour later after going for a clean, it cleared over 18GB of Internet temp, leaving me horrified and furious as to how Internet Explurger could drop so much junk!

[Image: bdsm04.png]
Thanks
Do you still use IE? OMG Ohnoes
18GB Shocked.... really shocking
Internet Explorer? As long as people use this "browser" I did not stay out of work...
18Gb is too much. Looks like u never cleaned ur system...rightaway take it to bath tubLolz
It was set to use 250MB in Internet settings, and did a clean from there, but yes, it's thrown another incentive in my possible browser choice, and, of course, the trend is shifting more from sites that only work right in IE, to sites which say "you're not cool, use something better".

My friend, who uses FIREFOX, got hit by Vista Antispyware 2012 - I wonder just how much more secure the others are, compared to IE patched, covered by security suite, ActiveX dangers manually killbitted before they started rolling out regular killbit updates.

I wonder how much of "IE is not secure" comes from the fact that people who don't even know what a browser is are not secure.

To real hell-holes, I take Offbyone - it's a piece of junk with few features, and no attack potential, since it does not do script, plugins, blah!
Matth my monitor got a lower resolution than the image you posted Lolz

No browsers are secure. For this reason i use a virtual machine when doing savage browsing.
If something goes wrong. Just copy and paste and you are ok Smile
Matth, I don't think any browser is any safer than the other nowadays. I did when I first switched but things have changed now. Since I won "Sandboxie", I use it daily. I am seriously considering paying for it when it expires.

And :thumbs: for CCleaner..been using it for yrs(back when it was called Crap Cleaner) for a quick clean.

(07-05-2011, 03:40 AM)S-M Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Do you still use IE? OMG Ohnoes

I hate IE the most useless browser in the world

(07-05-2011, 08:09 AM)grr Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
18Gb is too much. Looks like u never cleaned ur system...rightaway take it to bath tubLolz

Lolz Lolz grin grin

(07-07-2011, 06:57 AM)S-M Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Matth my monitor got a lower resolution than the image you posted Lolz

No browsers are secure. For this reason i use a virtual machine when doing savage browsing.
If something goes wrong. Just copy and paste and you are ok Smile

I use the Avast Safzone browser a.k.a Chromium Browser grin