TipRadar.com - Forums and community

Full Version: Recover Data / Format an Encrypted HDD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Fellas,

I want to know if there is a way one can Recover Data / Format an Encrypted HDD running XP. Undecided

* Logging in to the machine is not possible.
* cannot remove HDD as it's a Laptop.

thanks
(11-01-2014, 05:38 AM)grr Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Hello Fellas,

thanks

Why cannot you remove HDD? I can. Wink
You can remove the HDD and put on the cover and use as an external drive.
(11-01-2014, 05:38 AM)grr Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
Hello Fellas,

I want to know if there is a way one can Recover Data / Format an Encrypted HDD running XP. Undecided

* Logging in to the machine is not possible.

thanks

Did you try tools such as Emergency Boot CD or Lazesoft Recovery or TenorShare Datarecovery or Minitool PowerDataRecovery CD (currently free), or Wondershare LiveCD or Windows Boot Genius ?

The fast that the HDD is encrypted is definitely a complication. Is it hardware-encoded by the laptop or is it Bitlocker or something else ? It is generally possible to remove a HDD from a Laptop and connect it to another PC using a SATA to USB connector.

Hope you'll find a solution.
Certain Laptops show recovery option such as system restore or flash recovery when you press a key or combination of keys during booting if you don't create a recovery media. I think there is no possible way if you are reluctant to remove your HDD.
removing HDD will still not help, as it's encrypted. If not, the entire purpose of encryption fails.
(11-01-2014, 10:57 PM)grr Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
removing HDD will still not help, as it's encrypted. If not, the entire purpose of encryption fails.

Sorry to insist : if it's a proprietary encryption proposed by the manufacturer, you can always try to contact its technical support. There may be some dedicated tools able to override, to decrypt this HDD, but they are usually available on websites bundled with viruses and crapwares. Apart from that, I am not sure there is way to solve this, except remove the HDD from the laptop and find the right decryption software.