TipRadar.com - Forums and community

Full Version: Outlook vs. Gmail: A Feature-by-Feature Comparison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Microsoft announced its Outlook webmail service this week, and it's a suprisingly robust new webmail client. But can it hold a torch to the current king of webmail, Gmail? To give you a better idea of how they stack up, here's a feature-by-feature comparison of Outlook vs. Gmail.

Feature-by-feature, the two services are remarkably similar. Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
i personally feel that comparing outlook with any other service is like comparing 1$ note vs 10$ note. thanks though for sharing. Wink
(08-05-2012, 06:11 PM)sahilwaste Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
i personally feel that comparing outlook with any other service is like comparing 1$ note vs 10$ note.

NonoNono

Cons:

1. no POP/IMAP support
2. Very slow to load
3. Does not shows unavailable login name in real-time

more to come

Pros:
1. 100mb attachments Lolz
Thanks grr
100 MB attachment is possible because of the skydrive integration. All attachments are actually treated as your skydrive public files. I would say a nice addition.
But with that being said, it still has a long way to go. I am in no hurry to dump my gmail id for this. Yes, its a good alternative and that's about it.
(08-05-2012, 07:30 PM)amazingAG Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
100 MB attachment is possible because of the skydrive integration. All attachments are actually treated as your skydrive public files. I would say a nice addition.
But with that being said, it still has a long way to go. I am in no hurry to dump my gmail id for this. Yes, its a good alternative and that's about it.

nope. with Skydrive it is 300mb Dance
GMX by far. If you use GMX, you'll never go back to Gmail or any other service again unless you are dependent on its external services. As for this comparison with Outlook, Gmail is better.
(08-05-2012, 09:24 PM)100 Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
GMX by far. If you use GMX, you'll never go back to Gmail or any other service again unless you are dependent on its external services. As for this comparison with Outlook, Gmail is better.

is GMX free?
(08-05-2012, 10:20 PM)grr Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.
(08-05-2012, 09:24 PM)100 Wrote: Guests cannot see links. Registration or Login is required.

is GMX free?

It depends on which e-mail account you'll choose. For me as long as the interface it's only for german speaking person - it's not a deal grin

Outlook vs. Gmail = Outlook
You can add your domain and then get up to 500 e-mail accounts for free (Gmail - only 10 accounts for free).
Useful article. Thanks grr Smile
Pages: 1 2